Yesterday I was studying for my personal training certification test and I wanted a healthy meal that didn’t require much effort. I also wanted to stick with clean eating. When I made my morning shake I decided to put some beet juice in it, and realized that there was one beet left. I also happened to have some greens so I decided to make a salad. The fish goes in the oven frozen & when it comes out I let it cool while I prepped the veggies. Not only was it quick and easy, but it was great brain food for studying. It worked, because I passed! That means I’m officially a certified personal trainer, yay!! Without further ado, let’s get to the recipe!
- 1 Wild caught Cod fillet
- 1 cup organic baby kale (I used Organic Girl Greens)
- 1 pickled beet (I used Othentic Brand)
- 2 tbsp organic cold pressed olive oil (I used Newman’s Own brand)
- Pink Himalayan sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Dill Weed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat frozen Cod fillet with olive oil & seasonings on both sides & wrap in foil
- Bake for 45 minutes
- When the fish is cooked all the way through, remove from the oven & allow to cool while you prep the veggies
- Place the kale in a serving bowl
- Thinly slice the beet and lay over the leaves
- Drizzle with olive oil and lightly salt the leaves
- Place the fish fillet on top of the veggies
- Squeeze 1/4 of a lime over the entire dish
- Serve & enjoy
Call me weird, but I like to try to make my food look pretty regardless of whether or not anyone else will see it. It keeps me from getting bored, I guess! Clean eating can be pretty and yummy! Hopefully that comes across in my photos. This is something that can be duplicated with any fish. It would make a really nice meal for one, or multiply it for a dinner party. Of course, when the meal comes out great, I want to share the clean eating recipe with you. Hope you like it.
As always, thanks for taking the time to stop by!