Last year the company that I was working for had a Holiday potluck, and I wanted to bring something that was in line with my diet. Dressing is something I absolutely love, my aunt made it every year, and passed the recipe on to me. Since it’s one of my favorite things about the holidays, I decided I was going to make it using clean ingredients and quinoa in place of cornbread. It needed to be portable, so I made it in my slow cooker.
It was quite a hit! Several people commented on how good it was, so I decided it would be a yearly staple. The beauty of making this in the slow cooker is that if you only have one oven (like most people), it frees up the space for the turkey and other items!
- 3 cups dry quinoa
- 32 oz organic broth (vegetable or chicken)
- 6 hard boiled egg whites
- 1 bunch green onions (5 – 6 stalks)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp sage
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp thyme
- Place quinoa, seasonings, celery & all but 1 cup of broth in slow cooker
- Cook on high for 3 hours, stirring occasionally
- Stir in chopped egg whites, green onion & broth
- Reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally