Tonight I wanted a quick and easy healthy dinner. I called this Lazy Salad because it required minimal effort. When I get home from a long day after the commute and working on reports all day, the last thing I want to do is spend what’s left of the evening making dinner. Many times I’ve come up with a meal on the fly with what I have available at home, and tonight was no exception.
When I arrived home, there was an amazing aroma filling the house. My wonderful husband had thrown some chicken breast in the oven with herb infused olive oil and Mexican spices. Yes, I admit that him doing that made it much easier for me to make a salad, but this is something that you can do ahead of time if you don’t have time to do it during the week.
- Chicken breast (I recommend always using meat that is free of hormones & antibiotics)
- 1/2 a Yellow summer squash
- Cook the chicken breast
- Place the pre-washed spinach & arugula in the bowl
- Slice the squash & place in the bowl
- Slice the chicken & put on top of the veggies
- Drizzle the juice from the chicken on top of the salad
- Toss and enjoy
If you’ve been following my blog you know I eat organic whenever possible, and all the veggies above fit the bill. If you’re on a budget, at least buy the EWG Dirty Dozen organic.
I hope you like this recipe, and thanks for reading!