I LOVE to eat salad. Hear me out, I know it sounds boring, but it’s really good! Maybe I’m a little biased, because I just like to eat healthy. I’ve been eating healthy for so long that when I don’t, I feel awful! Free range boneless skinless chicken is a go-to meat in our house because it’s a lean healthy protein that’s super-easy to cook. This easy salad takes only a few minutes to make! The chicken can be cooked ahead of time or while you’re doing other things.
Here’s what I typically use for my go-to easy salad:
- Baked chicken breast, chopped. Another option is to used smoked chicken, which my hubby made with a stove-top smoker.
- 2 cups of organic spinach
- 1 medium organic carrot
- 1 stalk of organic celery
- 1 large organic radish
- 1 stalk of organic green onion
- Handful of slivered almonds
- 1/8 – 1/4 Lemon or Lime
- Olive Oil
- Salt (I like pink Himalayan sea salt) and pepper to taste
I’m sure you know how to build a salad, but here goes:
- Rinse/chop the veggies & place in the bowl
- Add the chicken
- Sprinkle the almonds over the salad
- Drizzle lemon olive oil vinaigrette over the salad
- Sprinkle the salt & pepper over the salad
- Toss and enjoy!
Is it an easy salad to make? If you decide to give this recipe a try let me know what you think in the comments. Thanks for reading!
This is the stove-top smoker we use to cook chicken in when we decide not to bake it: