Started a new program this week. It’s not new per se, but I’m completing it for the first time. It’s one that I’ve owned since 2013 but never completed. It’s called Rockin’ Body, by the one and only Shaun T, and I’m doing the 30 day calendar. Personally I admire him all around. It’s not just about his physical form, though I’m not gonna lie, that doesn’t hurt! He is a very giving, open person who has the ability to motivate masses of people to make healthier choices. That’s pretty admirable in my book. He’s making a huge contribution to society by creating fun yet challenging and effective workouts.
Here are my workouts for the week:
- Monday: Rockin’ Body Mark, Move & Groove – 15 minutes
- Tuesday: Rockin’ Body Mark, Move & Groove – 15 minutes & Party Express – 25 minutes
- Wednesday: Rockin’ Body Disco Groove – 35 minutes & Hard Core Abs – 10 minutes. I threw in some non-Beachbody standby workouts too. Total Arm Assault & Total Ab Assault from the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders Hardbody Boot Camp workout DVD (http://amzn.to/1LXcuAN).
- Thursday: Rockin’ Body Party Express – 25 minutes & Booty Time – 30 minutes
- Friday: Rest day. Last day at my job & I overslept & again had plans right after work, so I re-arranged my workout schedule
- Saturday: Rehearsals from 10 – 12 learning choreography in a hot building. Definitely worked up a sweat. Later in the day I did Rockin’ Body Shaun T’s Dance Party – 45 minutes & Hard Core Abs – 10 minutes
- Sunday: Rockin’ Body Party Express – 25 minutes & Disco Groove – 35 minutes
Saturday & Sunday I was reminded of why I try to workout first thing when I get up for the day. Saturday I had rehearsals from 10 am to 12 pm & didn’t get up in time to get my workouts in before rehearsals. By the time I got around to it it was after 6pm. I had several other things I needed to accomplish & got in the zone on those things & didn’t want to stop. That coupled with the fact that I ate a cupcake Friday and Saturday didn’t help. Even though they were gluten free, the icing was extremely sweet, and sugar doesn’t play well with my body. I got pimples & lethargy from the sugary icing. A good reminder not to eat junk food, gluten free or not! Sunday I decided to relax & watch TV before I got up to work out. Before I knew it, it was 5pm! Made myself get up and workout, but let me tell you, it was difficult to get through the workouts. I’m blaming it on the sugar from the previous 2 days & waiting so long in the day to do it.
That said, even though I don’t like cardio, Rockin’ Body makes it SO MUCH FUN!!! If you don’t really like to work out, but you like to dance, this is for you! I’ve done a few of these before, but I hadn’t tried the Shaun T’s Dance Party routine before. Wow, it was so fun that the 45 minutes just flew by!