This has been an eventful week! I’ve decided to take the plunge and leave my accounting job to pursue a career in fitness! One the one hand, I’m super-excited that I’m going to be able to follow my passion. On the other hand, I’m really nervous to give up a guaranteed income when I like my job and the people I work with. Saying aloud that I’m planning to become a blogger, personal trainer & full time Beachbody coach was scary yet liberating at the same time.
As if that weren’t enough change, we’ve also decided to move off base. The allowance for housing in the area we’re in is such that you can find a place to rent that will cost quite a bit less than the allowance. This will help make up for the income we’ll be losing when I leave my job at the end of this month. Another way we plan to cut back on our costs is to plant a garden. I’m researching which fruits & veggies are hardy in this area. Hopefully it will be some that we will actually eat!
My workouts for this week were:
- Monday: PiYo Sculpt – 30 minutes – hard time getting up (allergies, burning eyes)
- Tuesday: PiYo Sweat – 35 minutes
- Wednesday: PiYo Hardcore on the Floor – 30 minutes
- Thursday: No workout today 🙁 I overslept & had to get to work, then we had a cycling club meeting right after work which ran late & we didn’t get back until late.
- Friday: PiYo Full Body Blast – 30 minutes
- Saturday: PiYo Drench – 45 minutes
- Sunday: Kundalini Yoga – 23 minutes (from Happy Hormones by Anna Brett & Ravi Singh)
With the holiday weekend came some over-indulgence in food, I must admit. Typically I dread holidays or avoid celebrations because I don’t want to over-do it. This year I didn’t stress about it as much as usual (though I still feel a bit guilty). I’m definitely looking forward to getting back on track this week with food and exercise. Often when I have times like this where I over-indulge then go back on my diet with a vengeance, I’ll also break a plateau. Here’s hoping that’s what happens this time.
As always thanks for reading!