It was so nice to have an organized office to work in this week! It was well worth taking the time to get it done, because it was a source of stress in the back of my mind. Now that this project is done we have a few more to accomplish, but none that will distract me the way the office did. Plus, now I have a proper office to work in rather than a spot on our couch, lol! Even though I turned the TV off when I was working, it was distracting to know that our office was a mess. Now my husband and I can work together. He can do his video editing with me sitting right beside him. This will be especially useful when he starts taking more college classes again in the next few weeks.
This week started out a bit rough in the workout department. Monday & Tuesday I had the worst cramps I’ve had in quite a while. That’s what happens when I don’t stick to my diet and exercise regimen. The month of April I was very disciplined, did workouts 6 days per week and ate fish at least 3 times per week, usually more. Toward the end of April and for the last few weeks, I have skipped too many workouts, not eaten quite healthy enough. By “not quite healthy enough’ I mean that I’ve had a few cheats here and there. Such as, a few biscuits when we went out to eat that were not gluten free (gluten is a big no-no for autoimmune conditions like my Hashimoto’s), cheese (another autoimmune trigger for me), and too much chocolate. Even though I didn’t indulge in these things much, unfortunately it only takes once to put an autoimmune condition into a tailspin. And I paid for it dearly. This is why my cheat days happen less and less frequently – the consequences of a bad food choice are not worth the havoc it wreaks on my body later on. Even though the week got off to a rough start, I ended it on a high note and still managed to exercise the remaining 5 days of the week.
Here are my workouts for the week:
- Monday: No workout today – pretty bad cramps
- Tuesday: No workout today – pretty bad cramps
- Wednesday: Body Beast Lucky 7 – 24 minutes
- Thursday: PiYo Core – 30 minutes
- Friday: 10 Minute Solution Rapid Results Pilates – 30 minutes (legs, arms, abs segments @ 10 minutes each) (available in the fitness section of my Amazon store: http://astore.amazon.com/mycrnoli-20)
- Saturday: Trainer’s Edge Killer Abs n back DVD workout – 45 minutes & Strong & Sexy Arms with Leisa Hart DVD – 7 minutes (available in the fitness section of my Amazon store: http://astore.amazon.com/mycrnoli-20)
- Sunday: Yoga for Strength & Flexibility from This is Yoga DVD series – 20 minutes (available in the fitness section of my Amazon store: http://astore.amazon.com/mycrnoli-20)
Last week I mentioned that there was a local gym with a need for personal trainers and that I planned to apply. The manager my contact from the spouse’s club told me about was unavailable when I went in Tuesday but I filled out the application and left copies of my certifications. Wednesday she called me to set up an interview, which is this Tuesday. Fingers crossed that I get the job! As much as would love to free-lance personal train only, that hasn’t been working out too well so I could use the steady income and in-person experience. So, I’m looking to getting some consistent, one-on-one training time with some motivated clients! If you’re motivated to work out at home, I’d love to help! Whether it’s with personalized workouts or home DVD program recommendations. Just contact me using the form below!
Happy Monday, and I hope you have a great week! As always, thanks for reading!