As far as getting my workouts in, this week was pretty good. The only exception is that my allergies made it difficult to get out of bed a few days. Also, I made it through a few of the workouts without having to hit pause. Of course, I’m not quite there yet with Drench – I had to pause several times to catch my breath and wipe off some sweat that was getting in my eyes. But, at least I finished!
My workouts for this week were:
- Monday: PiYo Sculpt – 35 minutes – hadn’t done this one before today and it was good!
- Tuesday: PiYo Sweat – 35 minutes
- Wednesday: PiYo Core – 30 minutes
- Thursday: PiYo Drench – 45 minutes (took me about an hour because I had to pause a few times to catch my breath and wipe sweat)
- Friday: PiYo Buns – 30 minutes
- Saturday: PiYo Strength Intervals – 25 minutes
- Sunday: Kundalini Yoga DVD called Yoga Beauty Body by Anna Brett & Ravi Singh (If you want to try it see my Amazon page: http://amzn.to/1AssN60)
This week’s results weren’t good – I gained weight and size. At first I was really upset. I expected to hit a plateau sooner or later, but I wasn’t expecting to gain! I wracked my brain trying to figure out what the heck happened. After analyzing the week, I realized that a few factors were the likely reason for the weight/size gain. 1) I wasn’t getting enough sleep, 2) I’m premenstrual & I always gain weight & get bloated during this time, 3) the workouts are getting more intense.
Even a normal person could experience problems losing weight if they’re not getting enough sleep. Your body needs adequate rest in order to recuperate properly. When you add hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue to the equation, it magnifies this problem. The PMS just makes it all that much worse.
What do I plan to do about it? First and foremost, go to bed earlier! This past week I stayed up too late too many nights. When you have to get up and do an intense workout in the morning, you need adequate sleep, especially if you suffer from hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue.
Here’s to doing better with my sleeping habits this week and coming back strong with results next. As always thanks for reading!