Last week I mentioned that I planned to add more Body Beast arm workouts in to my schedule. Well, unfortunately I let time get away from me and didn’t add an extra round. Not only that I didn’t even get in one arm work out on top of doing PiYo Live at home. This week I had much to do and I let time get away from me. Not a good excuse – I know! No matter how diligent we are, sometimes things come up. But hey, I did still work out, so it’s not like I didn’t do anything at all. Besides, nobody’s perfect! I just have to forgive myself and get on with it! Now that my hubby is back, he said he wants to do Body Beast with me before he goes to work, so it will be easy for me to get the extra workouts in, yay! If I had all the time in the world, I would do another round of Body Beast and PiYo Live Monday through Friday. Maybe someday when I’m retired, lol!
For the last few weeks I’ve been using my PiYo instructor DVDs to work out. This is a great way for me to practice PiYo, and it’s giving me ideas for building classes. When I taught before, I just learned the round that I got certified on and taught that. However, I have a few ideas of class types I want to build. Based on the different segments in the instructor DVDs, I’ve got ideas for a few different classes:
- A class that is easy for me as an instructor to learn & cue (that’s kinda selfish – sorry!)
- A class that is mildly challenging for beginning PiYo Live students
- A class that is moderately challenging for intermediate PiYo Live students
- A class that is physically demanding throughout for advanced PiYo Live students or anyone who wants to sweat a LOT or when I’m just feeling like challenging people (insert evil laugh here)
PiYo drench from the home workout is the most similar to the live classes. If you’re interested in trying PiYo at home, complete the contact form below for more info or you can get it here:
Here are my workouts for the week:
- Monday: PiYo Live round 37 – 50 minutes
- Tuesday: PiYo Live round 39 – 50 minutes
- Wednesday: No workout today thanks to mother nature and my schedule
- Thursday: PiYo Live round 40 – 50 minutes
- Friday: PiYo Live round 41 – 50 minutes
- Saturday: Unplanned rest day – slept in and used the day to spend some much needed quality time with my hubby who returned home earlier this week after being gone for 30 days!
- Sunday: PiYo Live Round 42 – 50 minutes
You may have noticed that I only posted once last week. That is largely in part to the fact that I’m working on developing separate social media accounts for the fitness side of things. As of right now, it seems like putting nontoxic living in with fitness gets confusing to the people who follow my accounts. Last week I took some time to try to build a content plan that will be more focused and hopefully more helpful to the people who follow me on social media. While I don’t have it all figured out yet, I plan to start running the accounts next week. Hopefully I can get all the details ironed out this week and start strong next week. Not to worry, I will be getting back to posting on the blog more regularly! I just want to be sure that when I do I’m putting out valuable information.
Do you think it makes sense to have one account for fitness and one account for nontoxic living? I’d love to know what you think! Happy Monday, and I hope you have a great week! As always, thanks for reading!