This week I embarked on a new journey as an independent Beach Body Coach. I started the PiYo challenge pack, which includes the DVD package and 30 days of Shakeology. Since I don’t eat dairy, I opted for the vegan chocolate flavor. As you may already know if you’ve looked around my blog, I am VERY strict about what I eat. My biggest concern about becoming a coach was the ingredients in Shakeology. Once I read them and saw that it was full of the things I eat and free of the things I don’t, I was on board!
My husband had his Achilles tendon repair surgery this week, so I worked from home from Wednesday (surgery day) to Friday (follow up day). Fortunately I have bosses who are very understanding about their employees needing flexibility. We’re working on month end close and regulatory reporting to the state, yet I was still able to work from home.
My workouts for this week were:
• Monday: PiYo Align, The Fundamentals – 40 minutes
• Tuesday: PiYo Define, Lower Body – 25 minutes
• Wednesday: PiYo Define, Upper Body – 20 minutes
• Thursday: PiYo Sweat – 35 minutes. True to the name! For the first time ever, I sweat on my yoga mat!
• Friday: PiYo Define, Lower Body – 25 minutes
• Saturday: PiYo Define, Upper Body – 20 minutes
• Sunday: Rest day from PiYo, so I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes and did 23 minutes of Kundalini Yoga from Happy Hormones with Anna Brett and Ravi Singh.
Today was difficult – I woke up with a sinus headache, and I’m PMS-ing so I’m a bit emotional and bloated, and I had quite a few things to do around the house. I almost skipped a workout today – almost. Instead, I decided to make myself do some light exercise and I’m glad I did! The headache cleared, and the Kundalini yoga dramatically improved my mood.
One of the reasons I chose to start with the PiYo challenge is because I’m not in the best of shape right now and because of my thyroid and adrenal issues. These are low impact workouts, so I figured it was a great way to start. The PiYo calendar that came with the program called for Friday as the rest day, but I decided to make mine on Sundays. That way if I miss Friday I have time to make it up on the weekend. Plus, if I’m going to take a rest day, I’d prefer that it be on the weekend anyway.
Today I’m one week into PiYo, and so far I’ve lost 1 lb and over 2 inches total off my entire body. Hopefully you’ve enjoyed reading! Have a great week!