This was a tough week for me mentally. We spent all day last Sunday trying to clean, and of course meal, vitamin and outfit prep for the upcoming work week. Well, we didn’t get the house clean, I didn’t really get to watch the Superbowl, and we had to stay up late just to get the bare minimum items completed. It threw me off and I felt behind the whole week.
Another source of stress was trying to get my systems access at work. Because there are so many different systems, it’s not easy to get access because you have to request it exactly the same way it appears in the IT system, which is usually not the name the end users know it by. After four hours on the phone with IT and several dozen emails, I have VPN and some systems access, with the others soon to come (hopefully).
Needless to say, between being behind, and dealing with the frustrations, I was in a funk most of the week. Somehow, I still managed to get some exercise in – not as much as I would’ve liked, but, I’ll take it. This may sound hokey, but I forgive myself for not doing as much as I should have. This week will be better!
Well, then let’s get to it. Here’s what I did this week:
- Monday: 30 minutes from 10 Minute Solutions Pilates Perfect Body with Suzanne Bowen.
- Tuesday: 20 minutes of Yoga for Strength and Flexibility from This is Yoga with Tara Stiles.
- Wednesday: 30 minutes on the treadmill, same method as the last two weeks.
- Thursday: 20 minutes of Yoga for Strength and Flexibility from This is Yoga with Tara Stiles. Yes, this is a go-to work out for when I hit snooze too many times and don’t have much time to exercise. In rehearsals we did two line dances, which is exercise so I’m counting it!
- Friday: no workout. Yes, I know, I’m always talking about how much exercise can ease your mind and boost your mood, but i decided to take the day off. My husband and I decided to catch up on some shows on the DVR. We’re still WAY behind but things will calm down in a few weeks once the community theater performances are over with.
- Saturday: brisk dog walk around our neighborhood. There are some really nice trails here on base, so we took advantage of the fact that it was sunny and almost 60 degrees instead of freezing and cloudy.
Saturday, my husband and I had a wonderful date night. We went out for dinner, took in a Broadway show on tour, and got some good relaxation time today. That has me in a better mindset. So, I know the coming week will be better all around. Thanks for reading and have a great week!