So this week I did a little better than last week in attitude and exercise. Still not as good as I would like, but some exercise is better than none! As usual, I find myself hitting snooze too many times, then I don’t have as much time as I would like to exercise. But, I made myself get up and do SOMETHING each day, and I had a much better mind set at work. It also paid off in rehearsals, as I broke out of my shell a little and had a few great moments bringing my character (Prudy Pingleton in Hairspray) to life.
The next two weeks are not going to be much better, because we are gearing up for community theater performances. We’ll be rehearsing from 5:30 – 10 every weeknight, and will have rehearsals on the weekends, too. I’m adjusting my work hours during this time period to accommodate for the increased rehearsals. I already know that I won’t be able to exercise as much as normal, so I’m bracing myself for that. At rehearsals today I’m going to be thinking of how to squeeze in some exercise in my tight schedule.
With the exception of Monday, things were less stressful at work. I spent about 2 hours on the phone with IT trying again to get my systems access, and had several large projects assigned to me, which felt a bit overwhelming. By early afternoon I had a headache that lasted the rest of the day and had me in bed early. The rest of the week went pretty smoothly – got several projects completed and made progress on some others.
You never know what will happen during the day that may kill your motivation or cause physical issues that may prevent your workout. At my job we never know when we may get a request for info with a time-sensitive deadline that may require late hours without much notice. This is why I prefer to exercise in the morning – my workout is much less likely to get derailed.
Here are my workouts for this week:
- Sunday – rest day
- Monday – 30 minutes of Rapid Results Pilates with Lara Hudson. I completed the legs, arms & abs segments
- Tuesday – 20 minutes of Yoga for Flexibility from This is Yoga with Tara Styles
- Wednesday – 30 minute walk on the treadmill
- Thursday – 25 minutes of Kundalini Yoga from Yoga Beauty Body by Ana Brett & Ravi Singh. I completed the warm-up, radiance and release, and closing prayer segments (not really a prayer so much as envisioning what happiness means to you)
- Friday – 30 minute walk on the treadmill
- Saturday – lifting and moving set pieces into the theater, hammering nails & picking up trash. No, this was not gym exercise, but it was calorie burning, so it counts!
Remember that all physical activity burns calories! If you hate the idea of going to the gym like me, either create your own gym at home, or find some other activity you love that doesn’t feel like exercise but gets you moving. If you have dogs, take them for a walk around your neighborhood and you’ll both reap the benefits! Walking in the park, dancing, biking, swimming, hiking. Those are all fun activities that burn calories.