This past week was difficult to get through. Allergies have moved into my chest, which is making it difficult to get through the workouts. I’ve been coughing quite a bit & in general feeling a little under the weather. I’m making sure to eat healthful meals, drinking tea with honey & taking extra vitamins A, C, E & Zinc. Yes, I know that many doctors will tell you not to exercise when you are sick, but there are others that will tell you it’s perfectly fine to do so. Maybe I’m a bit stubborn, but I only have 3 more weeks of the Body Beast Challenge so I’m not about to start all over! I am, however, giving my body extra vitamins and plenty of healthy fuel, so I think I’m good. It’s not like I’m doing extended endurance exercises that would tax my immune system. And that’s the beauty of exercising at home – you don’t have to worry about getting anyone else sick!
This was week two of my PiYo classes – one Monday evening and the other Wednesday evening. Not sure what I was thinking scheduling a class on Veterans Day. No one showed up either day, which actually worked out since I wasn’t feeling too good. Another issue is that I didn’t advertise quite enough. Live and learn and I’ll do better on the next round of classes I schedule. That probably won’t be until early next year. Between working on the ebook and studying for my personal training certification I have a LOT to accomplish before the end of the year! Alright, all that said here goes:
Here are my workouts for the week:
- Monday: Body Beast Build Chest & Tris – 49 minutes
- Tuesday: Body Beast Bulk Legs – 41 minutes
- Wednesday: Body Beast Build Back & Bis – 50 minutes
- Thursday: Beast Cardio & Abs was also on the schedule but I skipped since I wasn’t feeling great
- Friday: Body Beast Build Shoulders was on the schedule but I skipped because I still wasn’t feeling well
- Saturday: Body Beast Cardio & Abs – 38 minutes since I was feeling better
- Sunday: Beast Cardio & Abs was on the schedule, but I only did Beast Abs – 10 minutes, which was a makeup of Thursday’s workout.
Sunday was not a great day unfortunately. I woke up with a crick in my neck that quickly turned into a headache, and my monthly visitor showed up along with some painful cramps. At least I got my ab workout in! I’ll be making up the Shoulders, Cardio & Abs workouts I missed next week. I’m really hoping these allergies clear up so my body will cooperate with the adjusted schedule! I’m not going to give up this far in and have to start all over. Mind over matter, right?
As always, thanks for reading!