This week was a bit off all around. Since being in Shrek the Musical, my sleep schedule has been a bit off, I had a few too many food indulgences, and of course, being in close corridors with others who are sick is never good. Having Hashimotos makes me more susceptible to illness, especially when coupled with me not sticking to my diet regimen. Gluten, dairy & refined sugars throw my hormones and immune system out of whack, and I indulged in all three during the last few days of the show. Add in less sleep than normal, being exposed to germs & the lapse in diet and it’s a recipe for me to get sick, which of course happened. Don’t get me wrong – I absolutely love being in community theatre, I just need to remember that I MUST stick to my diet if I want to avoid getting sick. Next show I will remember this!
Pretty much all week my throat was a little sore, but Friday and Saturday were the worst. Friday afternoon I made some organic chicken soup and ate that for the rest of the weekend. I took homeopathic cold syrup, extra vitamins, drank Shakeology, herbal tea with honey, sucked on herb & honey cough drops, and ran my essential oil diffuser with oils to help boost immunity. Basically every homeopathic remedy one could imagine, I did it. Today I feel much better, so I’m sure all those things worked together to make me feel better.
Here are my workouts for the week:
- Monday: Body Beast Bulk Chest – 30 minutes
- Tuesday: Body Beast Bulk Legs – 41 minutes
- Wednesday: Body Beast Bulk Arms – 35 minutes, Beast Cardio – 38 minutes, Beast Abs – 10 minutes. Moved this workout up b/c my husband had to run at work, wanted to work out with me Thursday but didn’t want to do cardio. His Achilles surgery was only 5 months ago so running makes it sore
- Thursday: Body Beast Bulk Shoulders – 35 minutes
- Friday: no workout – I was sick
- Saturday: no workout – I was sick
- Sunday: no workout – I was sick
It’s a good thing I did Thursday’s workout on Wednesday, so I have less workouts to make up. This week I will need to make up Bulk Back – the plan is to make it up today so that I can be on track for the rest of the week. Of course, whether I do Back & Chest today will depend on how I feel after completing the back workout. I’m not 100% better, so I’ll have to listen to my body. Regardless of what happens, I will complete every workout in the Body Beast Challenge by the time this 90 days is up. Hopefully my body and my immune system will cooperate.
As always, thanks for reading!